Remember summertime when you were a child? Do you remember the little things like the magic of letting a caterpillar crawl across your hand? Or how startling it was to be woken up by a thunderstorm?
It’s time to share some of those summer memories with your own kid. Go ahead, get nostalgic.
Do you remember…
- Hurrying to finish breakfast so you can go play outside all day.
- Trying to get sand off of your feet before cramming them into your shoes.
- Popsicles dripping on your bare legs.
- The smell of sunscreen.
- Running through sprinklers – swimsuits optional.
- Bringing a pocketful of coins to a garage sale and coming home with treasures.
- Getting smoke from a bonfire in your eyes.
- Doing amazing tricks at the pool: cannonballs, pencil dives, sailor dives, underwater tea parties.
- The way snacks like salt and vinegar potato chips and cheesy puffs stick to wet fingers.
- The feeling of wet grass clippings sticking to your bare feet when you walk through the lawn right after it gets mowed.
- Getting burned by hot slides and seatbelt buckles.
- Waiting for the A/C to reach the back seat.
- Riding in the car with every window open.
- Getting soaked in the rain.
- Sprinting for the ice cream truck.
- Catching a marshmallow on fire.
- Picking and eating so many berries that they stain your fingertips and your tongue.
- Collecting shells, rocks, acorns and other treasures.
- Burning the soles of your feet on hot cement.
What summer memories do you want to share with your children?